Earth Week usually runs from April 16th to Earth Day, April 22nd. This leads up to Earth Day 2012 on Saturday! Here are some ideas to GO GREEN!
Henricus Peters is Co-Chair of NAEE
What can you do this Earth Week 2012? There are many green ideas for Earth Week 2012 — Celebrate with green Earth Week Activities!
- Less is More - Purchase items with less packaging.
- Paperless Technologies - Invest in a kids ereader or kids tablet
- Go Chemical Free – Adopt a chemical free lifestyle
- Hybrid Light Bulbs – Use hybrid light bulbs in your home and office
- Paperless Tablet PC – Unless you are a “committed luddite” – Invest in a Slate/Tablet PC
- Green Energy – Advocate the use of sustainable, renewable, clean energy.
- Earth Day Songs – Celebrate Environment Week with Earth Day Songs
- Recycling – Start a recycling program at your school, office, or workplace.
- Eco-Challenges - Convert waste materials into new things that are functional or beautiful, or both.
- Sustainable Reading - Plant a new tree for every book you read
- Earth Day Movie - Check out Disneynature’s Chimpanzee Movie at a theater near you
- Green Transportation – Walk, ride or bike - Skip the car!
- Plant a Tree or Garden – Green your environment with trees, gardens and flowers.
- Turn off the lights – Turn off all unnecessary lights
- Go Flexitarian – Give up meat for one day
- Phantom Energy – Unplug Appliances to reduce the use of phantom energy
- Pick up the Garbage - Spend some a couple hours picking up litter at your local park, river or highway
- Earth Week Activities -Teach children how to be environmentalists early! They are the future.
- Source: http://earthday2012.com/earth-week-2012-green-week-2012/