Eleven men were killed, and the well was not capped for over three months. Nearly 5 million barrels of crude oil leaked out into Gulf waters. This hour, we’ll look back at the oil spill one year later. What are the ecological and economic effects of the spill today? Did the heavy use of dispersant cause lasting damage? Has the area’s economy recovered? What can the science tell us?
full article : http://www.kuow.org/program.php?id=23155
Related links : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizon_oil_spill
- Deepwater Horizon: One Year Later (pogoblog.typepad.com)
- BP to sue Deepwater Horizon owners for $40bn (newstatesman.com)
- BP’s Gulf Oil Spill: One Year Later (scientificamerican.com)
- A year’s worth of coverage of the BP Deepwater Horizon disaster (boingboing.net)
- BP sues Cameron and Deepwater Horizon owner Transocean (europebiz.wordpress.com)