Celebrating UK’s parks is a bitter-sweet experience….
It now attracts 2m visitors a year, according to the park’s authority.
About 60 walkers from various groups took part in the walk on Sunday at Meldon Reservoir, near Okehampton.
The walk, organised by Devon Ramblers and the Open Spaces Society, was in part a protest that a section of the popular circular walk around the reservoir was closed off to the public earlier this year.
It was closed after an access agreement between Dartmoor National Park Authority and the landowner ended.
- Dartmoor National Park: 60th anniversary rally and walk (stravaigerjohn.wordpress.com)
- Dartmoor – Unfinished Business (stravaigerjohn.wordpress.com)
- A Short Walk on Dartmoor (stravaigerjohn.wordpress.com)
- Take the comon sense approach to Dartmoor (dartmoormaps.wordpress.com)
- Devon: First resort for families (independent.co.uk)
- Walking the Dartmoor Borders (stravaigerjohn.wordpress.com)
- A Short Walk on the Dartmoor Borders (stravaigerjohn.wordpress.com)
- Dartmoor: Climbing Ryder’s Hill (stravaigerjohn.wordpress.com)