The Independent’s Michael McCarthy reports of a real threat to wildlife….
Dr Martin Warren, Butterfly Conservation’s chief executive, said Natural England had cut the £300,000 annual grant the charity has been receiving to help with species recovery, to about £40,000. The funds went towards recovery programmes for 24 butterfly and 70 moth species but the remaining £40,000 would have to be devoted to work on 15 very rare moth species, leaving the butterflies unfunded.
- Bloom backs endangered butterflies (entertainment.msn.co.nz)
- New species of butterfly flying in Northern Ireland (guardian.co.uk)
- Butterflies (qecp.wordpress.com)
- Sir David Attenborough says only wildlife most people see today are rats and pigeons (telegraph.co.uk)
- The CLA Game Fair: Butterflies need your help (telegraph.co.uk)
- In praise of… butterflies (guardian.co.uk)
- Good news ? Wildlife protection plans unveiled (environmentaleducationuk.wordpress.com)
- Butterfly Social Events London Launch Party Action Captured by Top Caricaturist (prweb.com)
- 10 tips for butterfly spotters (telegraph.co.uk)