In June 2012, experts will meet to set the agenda for a sustainable future at the UN Conference on Sustainable Development (Earth Summit 2012). The summit is also known as Rio+20 because it is being held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 20 years on from the first momentous Earth Summit which also took place there.
Your questions and comments will form an important part of these discussions, which will be webcast live from the Natural History Museum in spring 2012. Find out about the 4 debate themes below and get involved.
- Green Jobs for Youth: Recommendations for the Earth Summit (switchboard.nrdc.org)
- Bill Clinton, Jane Goodall, Sha Zukang, Chief Surui and Others Talk About Crucial Importance of Environmental Information (multivu.prnewswire.com)
- UN chief: ‘with 7 billion people we’ve run out of new forests and rivers’ (guardian.co.uk)
- Can Knowledge Save Us From Climate Change? (greenprophet.com)
- Twenty Years of Climate Meetings, Through the Eyes of a Veteran Journalist – Discover Magazine (blog) (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Urgent Agenda 21 Meeting (mississippicoal.wordpress.com)
- Over-the-Top Climate Rhetoric (nofrakkingconsensus.com)
- Email from UNFCCC: “we won’t let Canada out of the Kyoto Convention” (wattsupwiththat.com)
- A moment of discovery and awe (ushahidi.com)
- UN regrets Canada’s Kyoto withdrawal – Sydney Morning Herald (news.smh.com.au)