Tell me here or at Learn From Nature
According to Richard Louv, you are part of the New Nature Movement if …
- You want to reconnect with real life in a virtual age.
- You’re a student who’s decided to build a career connecting people to nature.
- You’re an entrepreneur who wants to build a business connecting people to nature.
- You’re a parent, child or therapist who believes that the family that plays in nature together stays together.
- You’re a biologist, landscape architect or policymaker dedicated to transforming cities into engines of biodiversity and human health.
- You’re someone who understands that all spiritual life begins with a sense of wonder, and that nature is a window into that wonder.
- You hunger for authenticity; you believe in nature’s power to create a deeper sense of personal and regional identity.
- You can be of any race or culture, you can live in an inner-city, suburb or small town, and you see your connection to nature as a birthright.
- You’re a biophilic architect on the cutting edge of green design.
- You’re a nature-smart developer who creates or rebuilds neighborhoods that connect people to nature.
- You’re an urban planner or public health official who believes that creating more nearby nature builds better health, tighter social bonds and a smarter workforce.
- You’re an employer using biophilic design to create a more productive workplace.
- You’re a nature-smart homeowner determined to create a healthier, happier, restorative home, yard and garden.
- You’re a pediatrician or other health care professional who prescribes nature for your young patients and their families.
- You’re helping a hospital, children’s mental health center, nursing home or other health facility encourage healing through nature.
- You’re an ecopsychologist, wilderness therapy professional, nature therapist, camp counselor, docent, or park ranger working as a “park health paraprofessional.”
- You’re a “new agrarian” — an organic farmer or rancher or urban gardener.
- You’re a locavore, dedicated to consuming locally grown food.
- You want to reignite all your senses.
- You’re a nature-smart teacher who takes your students outside because you understand the power of nature to help them learn.
- You’re an artist, writer, photographer or musician who knows the power of nature to stimulate creativity, and you use your talents to reconnect people to nature.
- You’re an outdoor recreationist who restores nature.
- You’re a citizen naturalist.
- You care about the human relationship with nature, whether you’re liberal, conservative…or other.
- You’re a law enforcement official who believes nature can play a role in crime prevention and prison recidivism.
- You’re an attorney who protects the forgotten human right to our connection to nature and the responsibilities that come with that right.
- You’re a mayor or county official or business leader looking for a new way to envision your region’s future.
- You’re done with despair; you want to create a newer world.
- You’re ….
- Source : http://www.childrenandnature.org/blog/2012/02/28/youre-part-of-the-new-nature-movement-if/
- A Few Words About the Children and Nature Network (environmentaleducationuk.wordpress.com)
- EVERY CHILD NEEDS NATURE: 12 Questions About Equity & Capacity (naeeuk.wordpress.com)
- What’s Natural about the Natural?: A Curious 10-Year-Old and a Confused 45-Year Old Want to Know (bigthink.com)