CLIMATE change should not overshadow important environmental issues such as managing ecosystems, protecting biodiversity and sustainable development, World Wildlife Fund global president Yolanda Kakabadse said yesterday – The Australian.
Ms Kakabadse, a former environment minister in Ecuador, does think climate change is important. In fact, she likes to call it “climate emergency” because people today are conditioned to believe that “change is good”.
COMMENT: Here’s me thinking Earth’s systems were inter-connected… Surely, if we stop deforestation – and not make way for yet more intensive farming operations – we’d reduce climate change ‘and’ protect the species that inhabit?
Emergency, what emergency ?
The only ‘change’ that is needed – is by ‘us humans’ – changing the way we live and think… we are ‘part’ of this !@#$% planet, not above and better than it! ( !@#$% = rant for the day!)
- WWF calls for leadership in total ban on trawling (theage.com.au)
- Aust must ban trawling: WWF head (news.com.au)
- You Don’t Have To Be A Moron To Be An Alarmist, But It Helps (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- Indian Environment Minister calls for rich-poor partnerships to boost sustainable development (rtcc.org)
- Bob Inglis: The Conservative Case for Addressing Climate Change (climateandsecurity.org)
- Integrated Impact of Climate Change and Socioeconomic Development on the Evolution of Camel Farming Systems (camel4all.wordpress.com)
- Species loss, climate change linked (upi.com)
- Climate change threatens to alter marine ecosystem (vancouversun.com)
- Will climate change lead to more flooding? (bfreenews.com)
- Monday greens for Earth (opinion.inquirer.net)