http://www.enaturalist.org/ This online education program for students in kindergarten through eighth grade features a new environmental unit each week of the school year. Each lesson includes reading material, artwork, activities and related resources. Recent topics covered: where insects go during the winter, why animals in the North and South are different sizes and how a spider
Seas and Oceans
http://whyfiles.org/202critter_cards/index.html This Why Files collection of printable trading cards is a great introduction to endangered species around the world. The front of each card features an animal photo; move your mouse over it to read about the species and how it is threatened.
Environmental Education and Action
http://www.earthrangers.com/ This organization believes in the power of kids to take action to help protect wildlife.
http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/caer/ce/eek/index.htm EEK!, an online magazine for grades four to eight created by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/lc/activities/book_pups_supper.asp Small children will love this new online storybook (available in English and Spanish) about a mother sea otter and her pup. Although the story is very short, the Monterey Bay Aquarium website offers several related activities for kids to do offline. Print a few pages from the underwater coloring book, make a sea otter puppet out of a lunch bag and play a memory game with the printable “critter cards.”
http://www.nrdc.org/greensquad/ This NRDC website (also available in Spanish) shows you how to identify and solve environmental problems. Guided by four environmentally conscious students known as the “Green Squad,” you can can explore a colorful virtual school room by room, and use the mouse to locate potential hazards.
http://www.unep.org/Tunza/ Each issue of this U.N. Environment Programme magazine for young people focuses on a specific topic related to sustainable living.
Plants & Gardening
http://urbanext.illinois.edu/firstgarden/index.cfm Excellent gardening ideas and resources
http://www.mbgnet.net/ This Missouri Botanical Garden website offers an introduction to six terrestrial biomes and six aquatic ecosystems. Each section includes a descriptive overview of the featured habitat, answers to frequently asked questions and facts about the animals and plants that live there.
Environment – Other
- Timmons Group Announces the Release of Enterprise Land Management Application for Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (prweb.com)
- Center for Global Food Issues Calls for Transparency for Environmental Groups Behind Atrazine Campaign (prweb.com)
- Music (music.videosift.com)
- Green Business Resources (thinkup.waldenu.edu)
- Yahoo Web Player – Ideal for Video and Audio for your Website (kish.in)
- Internet (ismaelmelendez.wordpress.com)
- Dawn Denton, Arkansas Writer and Gardener (tammycarterbronson.wordpress.com)
- Anonymous – OP Paperstorm – Glaubt ihr wirklich dass ihr selbständig denkt? (serpentsembrace.wordpress.com)
- Does this one page on your website make you money? (howgeneratewebtraffic.wordpress.com)